801 E. Cedar at Church St., Rockport, Texas

** New hours **
OPEN Saturdays 10am – 4pm. Sundays 1pm - 4pm
Admission is Free
For more information, call 361-727-9214

History Center for Aransas County

The 2016 Rockport-Fulton Tour of Historic Homes took place on
December 3rd and 4th.

The predicted inclement weather held off, and there was a great turnout from the public.

Use the links below to view photo highlights from the 2016 Rockport-Fulton Tour of Homes

- Highlights from the Docent Appreciation Party
- Docents and highlights from the L.M. Bracht / Angel Rose Home

- Docents and highlights from the G. Hunt Home
- Docents and highlights from the Smith-Brundrett Home
- Docents and highlights from the R.H. Wood Home

- Docents and highlights from the Bruhl-Paul Johnson House (History Center)
- Docents and highlights from the Fulton Schoolhouse & Windmill House


Thanks to Kay Betz, Maureen Winkelman, Jennifer Day, Phil Stranahan and Scott Wagert for providing these photos. (More photos to be posted soon)
 2016 Banner small v2
docent1


Tour fabulous historic homes in Fulton and Rockport, and be entertained by docents in period attire as they explain the histories of the homes!!!


 

docent2

Historic Homes on Tour with docents in vintage dress

The holly and mistletoe will festoon the venues for the 2016 Rockport-Fulton Tour of Historic Homes - Saturday and Sunday, December 3-4, 1:00 - 5:00 PM each day.  Seven venues will be decorated for the holidays. Each year different homes are featured on the tour to provide new experiences for the guests.

Docents in vintage dress appropriate to the house will greet visitors and provide a commentary. Historical facts about the homes and their owners will connect the visitors to the real history of these local treasures. 

Venues on the Tour include:

  • In Rockport:
    • G. Hunt Home - 1949, Richard Schendel (Owner), 919 Water St
    • Smith-Brundrett Home - 1940s, Jerry & Marsha Brundrett (Owners), 409 S. Pearl
    • R.H. Wood Home - 1868, Anne & Jeff Hunt (Owners), 203 N. Magnolia
    • L.M. Bracht / Angel Rose - 1881, Rusty & Jennifer Day (Owners), 902 E. Cornwall
    • Bruhl-Paul-Johnson House - 1890s, Friends of the History Center for Aransas County (Custodians), 801 E. Cedar
  • In Fulton:
    • Windmill House - 1919, Chris & Lindsey Lawrence (Owners), 314 Timothy
    • Fulton Schoolhouse Museum - 1886, Daughters of the Repulic of Texas (Custodians), 205 Seventh

Click here to view a map of locations for homes on this year's Tour.

Members of the Tour Committee include: Jennifer Beard, Jennifer Day, Pam Dixon Frost, Lucretia Jones, Anne Mourtaja, Jackie Shaw, Pam Stranahan, Sandy Swanson, Kam Wagert, and Maureen Winkelman


Copyright © 2017 by Friends of the History Center for Aransas County. All Rights Reserved.